Tuesday 1 May 2007

Hip crochet Beanies


These are my girls wearing the beanies I have just made for them from my own design: pattern to follow shortly!
It was very simple and took only an evening each and even that was sewing in all the ends of those lovely colours.
I used lots of Rowan yarns and some yarn from my stash ans a 4.5 mm hook I think....
The yarns are all about DK thickness - for USA readers that's approx. 12-14 wraps per inch.
The Fuschia bright pink is Rowan handknit cotton- this season's newly bought.
The Lime green is Calmer from Rowan also purchased recently.
The turquoise is a linen and cotton blend from Rowan from last year, I made a cushion cover in Tunisian weave stitch- see the old blogger for photo and details- and I had a bit left over.
The lilac is Sirdar cotton DK- 100% COTTON and quite thick.
The deep purple is a gorgeous shiny multistranded cotton from a French brand I think, it was in my stash...
I bought it in the '' just one ball type of mood'' in Petersfield last summer- I couldn't resist it and yet had no need or purpose for it at the time.....Does anyone else do this?
Any way I love the colours and loved making them and they seem to really like wearing them too so it's WIN WIN all around....
If I get asked I will publish the pattern: it was very simple, mainly mesh from 1 treble, 1 chain...( for USA 1 DC , 1 cHAIN)
It fits all, myself, the kids etc- very stretchy.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home