Sunday 6 May 2007

Blues Necklace



Here is a necklace I crocheted as a treat the day before my birthday: it took only a few hours and as my partner didn't have time to shop this year due to an imminent and very important MBA exam , I thought I'd make something to stop too much dissappointment the following morning...

It was cheap too!

I used:

Silver plated wire from the Scientific Wire Company : available from Winnifred Cottage or Rainbow Silks or the knitting shop in Leighton Buzzard, the first one does mail order and has a website. The wire was £3 but I only used a little there's loads left. I used the .2mm thickness.

The beads are the DENIM colur way of beadpacks from Viking Loom beads: it'll take 2 of the big packs at approx £7.25 each.

I used a 4.5mm hook and after threading all the beads on the wire- very easy to do with wire no needle needed!!!!- I crocheted a chain slipping a bead into each individual chain stitch, looping the wire over each bead.

I did add a few extra beads from my stash and a few chips of lapis lazuli for a touch of semi-precious gemstone but mainly it's the denim pack beads.

Finally I added the closure and voila a new piece of jewelry for my birthday!

I get my sterling silver fittings from PG Minerals: www.beads.co.uk and although the ones shown are metal as I'd run out, I'm going to replace them with nice sterling silver ones...

It's comfortable to wear and looks great with Vneck T-shirts!

I hope someone has a go too, it's so easy , quick and effective, let me know what you think?!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 6 May 2007 at 19:07 , Blogger Diane Lovell said...

Found your blog from your link on Crochetville - beautiful necklace. I think I'll try crocheting wire. You've inspired me!

 
At 7 May 2007 at 09:46 , Blogger Cheeka said...

I also came here from your Crochetville link, the necklace is beautiful can't wait to see what else you make.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home