Tuesday 14 August 2007

Circles jacket in turquoise blues


Here is my current WIP , I wanted to show it to make me get on and finish it : it's been languising in a basket since I had to get on with the baby jackets as they were needed to be finished BEFORE the babies were due!!!!
My sister in law had a baby girl on August 2nd in Delhi, India .
She's called Arina and is absolutely beautiful of course!!!
I'm very much looking forward to meeting her in November when they are due to come back to the U.K. for a while.
The jacket on the left was inspired by a pattern in a Dutch magazine which I bought in Delft in May.
I bought cotton yarns in Delft at the time and added them to the variegated one I already had at home, I had to go and buy a bit( read a lot) more of this from Shipston on Stour...!!!
I'm also adapting the neckline to be a V-neck and am planning to crochet the sleeves directly onto the shoulder line and work downwards so that for once I should be able to get the sleeve length right!!!And if not I can add a bit or undo a bit...!
I'm not yet decided how it will be finished in the front in terms of buttonbands, or not or trimmings or maybe just ties....
The picture on the right is me blocking the 2 front pieces in the very little sunshine we have had this ''summer''....!!!!!
As an update : yes it IS raining again and has been all day with a forecast of 4 more days of the same but at least I thank God ( truly , honestly) that we haven't been flooded unlike some parts of the County of Oxfordshire.
And now I had better get on with working out how to do the stitches for this....!
I'm planning to take it on holiday.....
PS Now I look at it in the pictures I wish I had worked the circle stripes to lie vertically!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home