Sunday 30 December 2007

HAPPY NEW YEAR- FOR 2008!!! Mohair Shrug.


Hello, logging in here to wish you all a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Here I am many weeks ago , in late October actually wearing a shrug I have made from a scarf that I featured in an earlier post: this is made from 2 .5 balls of Filatura Di Crosa variegated mohair , a 7 mm hook and a simple fan stitch pattern!!!
I made 2 of the ''scarves'' and then crocheted them together to make this shrug and as the sleeves were more of a 3/4 length which I didn't want I used a bit from a purple variegated ball to add the contrast edges at the ''cuffs''.
Where I crocheted the scarves together left a ridge but I meant this to happen as I do like it as a design feature: you can really see it on the back.
I will post more details on this in a later post , suffice to say that lots has happened since October: lots of scarves have been crocheted and knitted, baby cardigans and baby hats , floral corsages and a recorder case and I have also lost over 21 lbs.....!!!!!
After the detox I found a superb diet online that speedily helped me lose 7 lbs in 11 days and I continued this with a more sensible rate for a while before joining WW online to lose the more recent 7 lbs....only 10 more lbs to go before I will be reaching the safe BMI of 24!!!!
We have even enjoyed Christmas with home made Christmas cake and home made Christmas pudding without gaining more than a lb or so.......
More on that too possibly next week.
Meanwhile I look forward to a day of planning for 2008 and lots of resolutions as well as a - traditional- tidy up and spring-clean to welcome in the NEW YEAR!!!!!!!
Wishing anyone reading this a very happy and CREATIVE 2008!





Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home