Friday 17 August 2007

Blissfully soft,warm fingerless gloves: my first attempt!




Above my first attempt at fingerless gloves and I LOVE them!!!
It's from a pattern in Melody Griffiths: Crochet in no time book , but I made them in Debbie Bliss baby cashmerino yarn: they are blissfully soft and aaah soooo warm..!( pardon the pun)
I used a 3.5mm hook and made one glove in an evening: including sewing in all the ends...
The greyed navy is shade 207 , the lilacy baby blue is shade 605 and the deeper lilac is 606.
One glove takes 18 grammes of the navy/main colour,
10 grammes of the deep lilac: or first contrast and
8 grammes of the pale blue colour.
The yarn has 2.5m to each gramme of yarn so that meand you'd need 45 metres of the main colour, 25 m of first contrast and 20 m of the second contrast.( for those of you who are going to substitute and need to know the yardages: 1 yard is 90 cm or 0.9 of a metre.
( ie you'd need 50 yards of the main color - this is for the USA readers)
The book has the instructions for fingers as well but I've never had nor made fingerless ones so I was dying to give them a go.
It's the yarn which makes them unbelievably soft: 12% Cashmere and 55% Merino wool,the rest is microfibre.
Now I have my daughters wanting them for Autumn, but in different colours...!!!
Would be PERFECT as stash buster gloves and superb quick pressies too....Any DK wool or yarn could be used.
Or as they use so little you could make them in a super luxury yarn and not break the bank!
Matching Scarves and Beanies to follow shortly in September: WATCH THIS SPACE!
I have the ideas, and will be writing the patterns...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home