Tuesday 29 July 2008

AFGHAN or TV Blanket

My latest project as a 20% COMPLETED Work In Progress: it looks OK as a shawl doesn't it?
I'm using a 6mm hook with James Brett's MARBLE CHUNKY yarn in 3 colours- ocean, sapphire trio and a green's /lilac mix.
The stitch is a ripple stitch from Jan Eaton's ripple stitch book: 3 trebles plain then 2 trebles in 1 stitch twice, 3 trebles plain then 2 treble -together twice and then three trebles plain etc etc
A very simple repeat easy to follow and easy to keep track of if you're hooking while watching tv or chatting to friends!
I'm doing 4 rows of each colour and as each colour is variegated anyway : lots of interesting stripes and colours are appearing so it doesn't get boring.
The shawl is 254 grammes: so youonly need a bit from each of the 200 g balls and there's about 2 repeats on here : i.e. 2 repeats of the 3 colours so 24 rows in total.
You need a ''multiple of 12 sts plus 3'' ( soft waves in Jan's boook) : but I used 116 sts to give me 2 nice edges to the blanket -to -be.
It is planned to be the size of a single bed when finished so it can double up as a bedspread or blanket if needed- ie if fuel prices get so bad we just CANNOT afford them and turn the heating all OFF!!!!!!JJ keeps joking that the ice- age is coming and I retort that I'm getting us ready for it!
It'll be like my ''student'' days when I had a flat without central heating in a very cold Welsh winter and lived in home-made fleece ''house clothes''- trousers, slipper boots and a big comfy top which were home- made and which fitted over the top of all ''normal'' clothes just so as to keep warm....!!!

Anyway I digress: the shawl above was a partway point in the project but could easily and pretilly be an end point in itself: so go for it!
It folds beautifully at the neck into a shawl collar with a nice wavy edge....And as stated before: it's a very soft and comfortable yarn!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 31 July 2008 at 10:06 , Blogger Sondra said...

OH is that BEAUTIFUL! LOVE IT! Makes me wanna go to a winter parade.... (((((HUGS))))) sandi

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home