Saturday 28 June 2008

WIP which must be finished one day SOON!

Most recent is this motif in 4 ply cotton where I taught myself to attach the motifs together by crocheting the final round with connecting slip stitches into the previous motif.

I played with this in Turkey sitting in the shade watching the sea on a pontoon, lost a 3.5mm hook that way too!Plop it fell off my lap and through a gap in the wooden slats into the sea....
It's the grand flower hexagon on page 26 of 201 crochet motifs etc by Melody Griffiths.
I think I want to make a shrug/bolero or summer cardigan with it, V neck of course.
I have only a few remnant balls of it so have to see how it goes....





Then there's the granny squares I also made in Turkey: in black narvik DK cotton and a Patons lumpy textured white DK cotton called Leila which I have had lurking in my attic for ages.
Thought I'd make the bolero in the May issue of CROCHET TODAY! ( It's on the cover) but as black and white is all the rage this summer- and I have a LOT of it- I thought I'd make mine in just black and white....and also my yarn is a lot finer so I had to increase the size of the squares ....and then....and then I just got stuck.
The oddly shaped one is worked as per the diagram on page 51 but I'm not now sure how to proceed....
Then there's the blazer type jacket that I wanted from Boden, I missed the boat in Summer 2007 so I though I'd make one from my stash and even bought a £20 crochet book just for the one pattern when I never did get going and bought the desired jacket in the Spring of 2008....
I started this in Rowan silk tweed and because I had bought the yarn in 2 lots I have worked the rows 2 by 2 from the yarn as the colour is ever so slightly different.
So it has a very subtle stripe ...
It's from the book: Total Crochet Fashions by Gayle Bunn a leisure arts publication ( a USA book with USA crochet terms)
It's supposed to become the let's do lunch jacket???????
I have done the back and started the front , but I have now lost weight- 2 stone!!!!- and am not so sure, I did less shaping becuase I wanted it loose BUT now I'm slim and curvy and maybe I want it smaller and properly shaped?
Or do I want it at all?



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home