Saturday 14 June 2008

Hyperbolic Coral Reef crochet



This is my favourite hyperbolic crochet piece that was made for the UK coral reef.

This is being exhibited in London at the South Bank Centre from 11 th June to 17 August.

I was lucky to attend a fun workshop and lecture there by the IFF.

( Institute for Figuring)


This one is a basic structure of 2 different coloured strands of DK cotton - courtesy of Thame market!_ worked in a circle and then increased every stitch on every row of dc- ie doubling every next row.( USA sc stitches all the way)

Finally I added some eyelash yarn at the end , still doubling or trebling the stitches so it's wonderfully wavy and very tactile.

Such fun to make and to play with, I was sorry to be sending it off- never to be held again.
The second picture is the WIP before all the eyelash had been added.

1 Comments:

At 14 July 2008 at 14:47 , Blogger Rosie said...

I love that coral. Have you been to see the exhibition? the "coral" that I started to make when we met at the workshop earlier this year turned into a jellyfish (long story!).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home