Monday 31 December 2007

Pale pink merino wrap baby cardigan and hat







Here it is I've been busy again for my bay niece in India : this time in pink merino wool: DK , it took about 2 afternoons and an evening to make including the hat! Using 3.5 mm hook and DK wool the cardigan used about 350m and the hat a bit more...
I'll weigh the remianing ball to see what it used up in a moment.
I used the pattern in the book ''NO TIME TO CROCHET '' by Melody Griffiths and the hat is from the book too although I added the scallop border to match the cardigan and a flower for the top from a pattern I have already used a lot for corsages.
The flower is a simple triple layered rose this time with 7 petals.
A cute pink heart button forms the centre.
I shortened the ties as it's for a 4 month old baby and added a snap or popper on the inside to keep it in place.
It's fabulously easy to make and whizzes along as you start from the shoulders and work down!
All in easy trebles stitch, each row measures a cm deep so each time you're 1 cm closer to the finish.

The pics are clickable , here follows one for a bit of detail, the scallop edges really finish it so nicely.

It will be off to India on Wednesday ,so I can't show it on the baby alas.I made the 3- 6 months size .

The hat uses about 70m of DK yarn.

The above is all in UK crochet terminology: USA readers need to convert.

a 3.5mm hook is about a 4E hook.

UK DK IS A BABY, sport or a fine light worsted type of yarn.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home