Friday 10 October 2008

My version of the Copenhagen Jacket







Samples made in the long panel pattern from the free pattern on the naturally caron.com website.
Pattern name is: Copenhagen Jacket.
Also featured on Ravelry, a lady in NY, USA has made it in a bright red and it looked fantastic so I've been obsessing about making one to wear at work...

I have sampled 100 % baby llama and a cotton/wool mix both aran weights but the former was too soft hairy and''buttery'' in feel and the latter was too ''crisp''.
Now sampling both aran and dk wools as I fear the aran with crocheted cables AND a shawl collar will add too much bulk to my short and ''stout'' frame not to mention the added inches my bustline definately does NOT need.....
I'll be making scarves and hats in the baby llama though: it's a ''to die for'' SOFTNESS!!!!( from Mirasol )
The grey is cahmerino aran by Debbie Bliss, 5mm hook, the deep red a pure wool aran, the pink is a trial piece in dinamo pre wool dk- I WILL NOT be making it in pink, if I choose this it'll be in a grey or turquoise, royal blue or red....
And the blue is a very soft merino wool dk from James Brett and a 4,5mm hook.







Samples for gauge testing made as above:TO BE CONTINUED......

Labels: , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 2 January 2009 at 06:51 , Blogger Michèle Girard said...

Did you make any progress on this since then? I really want to make this jacket, so I am really interested in seeing what is going on with your project :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home