Tuesday 14 October 2008

UK Coral reef at Alexandra Palace

What a glorious sight to see the UK hyperbolic crochet reef on display at the Knitting and Stitching show on Sunday!
I did submite a few humble pieces and of the 4 that I remember I managed to spot 3! See if you can do the same?!!!
My pieces are displayed in my garden a few pictures below: there's a tall green/yellow thing, a furry anemone, an orange/terracotta wavy/curly long coral and a white/blue/yellow round coral crocheted from strips of plastic bag.
















For anyone interested: there is a page on facebook devoted to this with many more pictures and information: so please do go and have a look.
Maybe you'll be inspired to contribute a piece too: I believe it IS still ''growing''!!!
Leave me a message if you need any help/advice on the ''how'' and ''what with'' on the crochet side or see the facebook page or the INSTITUTE FOR FIGURING website( USA based) for explanations on the ''hyperbolic'' element.


Let's ALL work together to raise awareness and save the reefs of the world!
Happy hyperbolic hooking!!!!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home