Friday 6 March 2009

Copenhagen jacket progress update

Sorry about this but the photos are just so very tricky to take - the texture and relief is not easily seen on such a deep colour yarn....


I have now finished one of the side panels. The pattern is free on Ravelry: just search for Copenhagen jacket.

It calls for aran yarn but I am making it in a pure wool DK yarn called Merino Sport from Yeoman Yarns. It's a real bargain really at only £2 per ball: 100% wool, very soft and 120 m per 50 g ball.
The cables are going fabulously : you ''crossover'' every 3 rows and it has a soothing rythm to do, once you get the hang of it , it's suitable for chatty knitting/ stitching groups or radio listening but not quite so handy with tv, I find I miss whole sections of a show as I get a bit absorbed in the stitching.


Very satisfying to do! And I've had quite a lot of ''wow'' and ''that's not crochet is it?'' and '' it looks like knitting'' and '' Love the texture'' type comments when out and about.
The pictures are clickable if you wish to see the stitch details. I will be posting the details of how I'm adapting the pattern for the finer yarn and adding bust shaping and making it a bit longer- just give me a chance!
Those who have also chatted on Ravelry will see that I will be on ''puppy duties ''for the next 8 weeks at least: they were born on 28 February and after 7 sleepless nights I'm having a day off to catch up on sleep and here I am blogging....pffffff.....
I will do it soon, I promise.
The jacket consists of 2 side panels which go over the shoulder front to back, a shawl collar panel, 2 more body panels and 2 sleeves, and a central back panel. All feature cables.
I am planning a bit of shaping where the front panel attaches to the long side panels to accomodate the ''bustier'' types amongst us as I don't like a jacket to rise in the centre front and dip in the back.....
The original pattern is just a series of rectangles /triangles with no shaping.






Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home